In addition to sharing this fall outfit, I wanted to share some tips for traveling solo. I recently took two solo trips: Venice and Bergamo. As a 20-year-old female, I was scared at times being alone. However, I didn’t let that stop me, and you shouldn’t let it stop you either! I ended up having an outstanding time during both trips. Read my tips below to see how I overcame my fears.
1) Plan ahead. This is my number one tip for solo traveling. Plan, plan, plan. Having a game plan can make all the difference, especially when you are traveling alone. This includes planning tours, researching restaurants, and evaluating all of your accommodations.
2) Spend a little extra money. Do not be afraid to spend a little extra money if it means you feel safer. For example, if you feel safer staying in a hotel in the center of town, do spend that extra money. Or if you don’t want to walk alone at night, don’t hesitate to call a cab. Your safety is more important than saving a few extra dollars.
3) Be confident. When you are exploring the city, walk and act with confidence. Do not hesitate or look like you don’t know where you are going. This will help you avoid being a target, and minimize cat-calling.
4) Make conversations. The best part about my trip was meeting locals and tourists. I really enjoyed connecting with other people! It’s really easy to start a conversation when you are at dinner, or if you are staying in a hostel. This also helps if you are feeling lonely.
5) Remember that you are your own boss. Traveling solo gives you the freedom to do what you want, when you want. This is one of the greatest and most rewarding feelings so keep this in mind when you feel defeated, lonely, or scared. You have the power to make the most of your trip!
I hope you all enjoyed this post. If any of you are traveling soon, don’t hesitate to reach out to me!!