Now that I’m on the mend from the health problems that I’ve been experiencing since Ukraine (more in this life update video), I want to focus on sharing lifestyle and fashion habits that allow me to create less waste in my day-to-day life. These small changes have a big impact on our environment and the way we interact with the world with which God has blessed us.
Today, I wanted to share what I use as an alternative to paper towels: OLD T-SHIRTS! We all have that shelf or drawer in our room that is filled with old t-shirts from high school, college, and freebies from events. Yes, you can wear these to sleep in, but there are only so many pajama shirts that you can wear. About a year ago, I was in this exact dilemma. I wanted to get rid of those old t-shirts that were taking up space, but I didn’t want to just throw them away. Around the same time, I started reducing my waste in other areas, but hadn’t stopped using paper towels. I realized that my old t-shirts could be the perfect swap for paper towels. Problem solved!
By switching from paper towels to old t-shirts, you are:
- Utilizing existing resources that otherwise would have been thrown out
- Reducing the amount of single-use products in your life
- Voting for the type of world you want to live in – when you don’t spend money on paper towels, you are reducing the demand of paper towel supply and saving the Earth’s resources
- Being an example for others to choose eco-friendly alternatives
- Saving money – think about how much money you spend on single-use products