Thrifted Sweater //
Yay for FINALLY getting this post up! As part of this zero waste journey, I am always trying new recipes for beauty products. I love making my own beauty products because I can eliminate the waste by buying the ingredients in bulk, I know exactly what’s in my products, it’s a lot cheaper, and I have so much fun doing it! For this post, I am going to show you how I make my zero waste chapstick.
What You’ll Need:
- 2 Tablespoons of Soy Wax (Try to bulk plastic free)
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 10-15 Drops of Essential Oil of Your Choice (I used lavender because of its soothing properties, but my friends and family who tested it thought the smell was too strong. Instead you can try something sweeter like vanilla!)
- Measure 2 tablespoons of soy wax and 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a glass bowl.
- Microwave in 15 second intervals until melted.
- Add 10-15 drops of essential oil of your choice and stir.
- Pour into a small glass jar or leftover chapstick tube.
- Place in refrigerator until hardened.
And there you have it…a simple recipe for DIY chapstick! You can also use the soy wax and essential oils for DIY candles (blog post coming soon). Happy DIYing!