If you’ve been following me on Instagram lately, you know that I recently started a new weekly series: Live Instagram Videos on Thursday at 9 PM EST. Each week, I talk about various topics including sustainable living, travel tips, and natural beauty routines. I wanted to share these videos with you on my blog for all of those who can’t tune in live. Thanks in advance for watching!
This week, I am sharing my top travel tips that I’ve learned from traveling to over 20 countries in the last 3 years. These tips include finding flights, accommodations, food, and attractions on a budget.
- Skyscanner and the app, Hopper, to scan for cheapest flights and dates
- Google Flights to actually book flights
- Favorite & cheapest airlines: Norwegian and Ryanair
- Buy snacks in advance
- Buy 1/2 of your meals at local grocery stores
- Use TripAdvisor to find restaurants when you do decide to go out to eat
- Free walking tours
- Keep a running tab of everything you spend money on in order to see where you can cut and save money
- Do a walking tour on the first day that you arrive so that you are familiarized with the layout of the city
- Always keep a snack in your purse/bag
Thanks for watching and reading! Let me know if you use any of these tips!