Happy Monday! Today is a special day because it marks the first day of my new series #ANewerKatIn. Every Monday, I will be sharing a blog post detailing my travel adventures from the previous weekend. You can easily find my travel series on Instagram by searching the hashtag #ANewerKatIn. If you follow me on Instagram (@anewerkatintown), you’ll see that this week, I’m sharing my adventures from La Thuile, Italy!! This small Italian town is located in the Alps, right on the border of Italy and France. The town is known for its outstanding skiing and gorgeous views. I spent three days here and enjoyed every minute of it!
Where I Stayed:
- Hotel Planibel-The accommodations in the “apartment” where I stayed were not the nicest, however I really enjoyed the location of the apartment as it was located at the bottom of the slopes. The gondola to the top of the mountain was about 20 feet away!
Where I Ate:
- Restaurant in Hotel Planibel-I would NOT recommend going here as it was a buffet style restaurant and the quality of the food served was poor.
- Ristorante Rifugio Loriendet-I would rate this restaurant a 10 out of 10! It is located about 15 minutes away from La Thuile by bus. However, you actually have to take an additional 10 minute snow cat ride as the restaurant is located on top of one of the mountains! It was such a cool experience!
- Ristorante La Fordze-I went to this restaurant twice for lunch because my meal was so good and yes, I ordered the same dish (gnocchi with raclette cheese) twice, haha!
What I Did:
- Walked around the town
- Admired the breathtaking views
- Enjoyed one too many hot chocolates
- Took the gondola to the top of the mountain
- Other activities available:
- QC Terme Spa (highly recommend!)
- Ice Skating
What To Be Prepared For: While La Thuile is a gorgeous town, it is a small town. If you don’t ski or snowboard, you will probably be bored after 2-3 days.
Overall, it was an outstanding weekend and I definitely miss waking up with a view of the mountains every morning. Stay tuned for next week’s series….#ANewerKatIn STOCKHOLM!