Happy Monday! The weeks seem to keep going by quicker and quicker right? I can’t believe it’s already almost December!! Where did the time go!? As you could tell by my Instagram (@anewerkatintown), I’ve been travelling every weekend for the past two months. It’s been such fulfilling experience thus far. My favorite places that I’ve visited in the last few weeks have been Switzerland, Berlin, and of course, Prague. For those of you who don’t know, I lived and studied abroad in Prague last summer (read all of the places I’ve traveled and lived here). When I decided to study abroad again for the fall semester, I knew I had to go back to the city that stole my heart, and quite honestly changed my life! My brother actually studied abroad here as well, so I guess you could say it has a special place in both of our lives! Keep scrolling to see why I love it so much.
Where I Stayed & Lived: On this trip, I stayed in the Charles Bridge Economic Hostel. It was a great choice and super affordable (as the name suggests). Last summer, I lived in an apartment in New Town. I would actually not recommend staying in either of these places, but rather staying closer to Old Town as there are more tourist activities to do there.
Where I Ate:
- Cukrakavlimonada – Outstanding brunch/lunch restaurant
- *Dejvicka Farmer’s Market – The BEST farmer’s market that serves fresh prepared food, etc.; only on Saturday’s from about 9AM-1PM
- Pasta Cafe – Good for a quick lunch
- Maly Buddha – The BEST chicken curry and Vietnamese food
- Mama Coffee
- Original Coffee
What I Did:
- Climb the Astronomical Clock
- Climb the Petrin Tower – Outstanding panoramic views of the city; recommend going at sunset
- See the Metronome – Great views of the city
- Head to the Hanavsky Pavillion – Great place to visit after seeing the Metronome; recommend getting a hot chocolate and enjoying the view
- Visit Wenceslas Square and Old Town Square
- Walk across the Charles Bridge
- Visit the Castle
What To Be Prepared For: Prague is especially notorious for pickpocketers. Be aware of your belongings at all times!
Thanks for reading as always! I love talking about my experience in this city, so feel free to comment if you have any questions!