Ciao from Milano! It’s been a long week since I lasted posted. I was cherishing all the time I could get with my Mom who was visiting me all the way from New Jersey. We had a great week! If you saw on my Instagram, @anewerkatintown, we went to Lake Como (see full post here), Rome, and Parma. I was going to dedicate this post to our trip in Rome, but I decided to dedicate it to Milan instead, as I spend most of my time here.
So what’s so great about Milan? Over the past two months, I have grown to love all that this city has to offer…the food, the markets, the attractions, and more. Milan isn’t usually on the “must see list” when visiting Italy, but nonetheless, it’s someplace that I think is definitely worth the visit! Keep scrolling to see my top 5 things to do in Milan.
1. Enjoy a cappuccino by the Duomo or in the Galleria. – This is one of my favorite things to do on a lazy afternoon. I love to people watch and could spend hours doing so!
2. Stroll along the Navigli Canals – The pictures you see above were taken here in one of my favorite places in the city. This new and upcoming part of town is home to endless brunch cafes, vintage markets, and canals that look just like Amsterdam. My favorite cafe is called That’s Bakery.
3. Venture to a Local Farmer’s Market. – Almost every Tuesday and Saturday, I venture to local farmer’s markets and flea markets. There are various ones throughout the city every day of the week. See a full list here.
4. Eat, eat, and eat. – As they say, “When in Rome, do as the Romans do”. Well, when in Milan, eat like the Milanese do! Milan is famous for inventing the aperitivo which consists of an unlimited buffet and one cocktail drink for a total of 5-15 euro. It’s a great way to experience the Milanese culture!
5. Spend the afternoon window shopping (or shopping, haha!). – As many of you already know, Milan is considered to be the “fashion capital of the world”. There are many commercial shops by the Duomo, and cute boutiques in the Brera District. Of course, if you’re looking for more high end fashion, take a walk along Via Montenapoleone.
Thanks for reading as always! P.S. My outfit is super comfortable and can be easily recreated. My bag is from Target. They have some great stuff for fall! Click on the pictures below to see more. XOXO