Wow, what a week it has been! It’s been a while since I last posted. I’ve been so busy studying for midterms and I was sick all weekend (meeeeh). I am feeling better now…thank you for all of you who sent me get well wishes on Instagram! Anyway, I’ve been holding off on sharing these Tuscany pictures for a week now. This trip was one of my favorites so far (yes I know I say that about every trip), but REALLY! It was an outstanding weekend. It was so beautiful words couldn’t even describe it! If you ever have a chance to visit Italy, you must go to the Tuscan region. The wine, the people, the food, and the scenery were amazing!
Where I Stayed: NH Hotel, Siena (PERFECT location!)
What I Did:
- Guided tour of Siena
- Wine Tasting
- Day Trip to San Gimignano-Well worth the trip; quaint town with gorgeous views of the Tuscan scenery
- Day Trip to Pisa-Not worth visiting if you are short on time in Italy
Where I Ate:
- Local Farm, San Gimignano
- I Porci Comodi, Pisa-I ate the BEST sandwich I have ever eaten at this hole in the wall deli. It is “off the beaten path”, but worth the extra walking.
- Local Pizza and Pasta Cafes-You can’t go wrong with these when you’re in Italy and want a quick bite to eat.
What To Be Prepared For:
- Crowds in Pisa-As with any popular tourist destination, there will be a lot of people.
- Drink and purchase a lot of wine-It was the best I’ve ever had!
- Bring extra money for leather souvenirs in San Gimignano