Ciao from Sicilia! I’m currently writing to you from Cantania. I’ve been under the weather for the last few days, but I managed to gain enough strength to fly out of Milan this morning. I wish I was feeling as good as I was in these colorful pictures from Cinque Terre last weekend! I loved wearing an all white outfit in this colorful town so I stood out against the pretty walls. Anyway, I’m resting in the hotel for the evening before heading out to the beach at Giardini Naxos and hiking at Mount Etna tomorrow and Sunday. I’ve got a busy few days ahead!! Since I’ve been sick, I had terrible anxiety about flying to Sicilia today. I often have “pre-trip anxiety” whether its a small or big trip. I wanted to share a few tips that help me when I’m facing this anxiety.
1) Meditate. I use the app Headspace which is a guided meditation for just ten minutes a day. It’s amazing how much it relaxes my mind.
2) Exercise. I find that when I exercise in the days leading up to a trip, I feel a lot better…even if its a short walk around the city!
3) Plan ahead. Whenever I go on a small or big trip, I always plan ahead. For a small trip, I usually research travel blogs on Google. For a bigger trip, I always buy a travel book for the city that I’m travelling to. **Be careful not to “over-plan”!!
4) Journal. I keep a journal whenever I am travelling. I find that writing help me release all those anxious thoughts in my head.
5) Relax and have fun. Remember the reason that you’re going on this trip to begin with. Remember to put the worries aside and enjoy the small moments.
Thanks for reading and hope you all have a good weekend!